Sunday 20 April 2008

Winery - Ballandean Estate - Granite Belt QLD


It's been a long time since I have visited a winery - too long in fact. So it was my great fortune to have attended the wedding of our close friends Ngara and Adam held at the Ballandean Estate winery, just outside of Stanthorpe.
The wedding itself was exceptional with a fantastic selection of wines available (courtesy of the hosts who are very close to the happy couple). The food was simply astounding and the atmosphere second to none. I wish all weddings were held in Wineries...
The next day we were treated to an exclusive breakfast and quite educational winery tour by Ballandean Estate's very own Angelo Puglisi. You'd go a long way to meet a more accomodating host and his family run winery seems quite successful, something a lot of small businesses should take note of.
As for the wines, I'll definitely cover some of the individual wines over the coming weeks... My interest in QLD wines has certainly grown after today. I was quite impressed overall.
So if you are out in the Stanthorpe region, make sure you pop in to the Ballandean Estate winery. You definitely wont leave empty handed.
Street Address:
354 Sundown Road, Ballandean, Qld. 4382 AUSTRALIA
Telephone:
(07) 4684 1226

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aluguel de Computadores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aluguel-de-computadores.blogspot.com. A hug.