Friday 18 April 2008

Rothbury Estate Brokenback Shiraz (Hunter Valley) 1998



Another great wine on our lazy Sunday afternoon... This followed the 707 and was outstanding.

Very different to the Cab Sav and a lot more to my personal liking as I'm a big fan of Shiraz. This had a little more zing to it than the 82 707 and was probably near it's prime. Another good reason for leaving bottles alone. There was a certain oomph that I don't think a young wine can muster.

I have not tried any other Rothbury Estate wines, but will definitely keep an eye out.

Again, time has passed since drinking this so i wont attempt to describe the actual flavours, just that it really was impressive and again, we were extremely fortunate to have shared this bottle.

Drinkability 94

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a huge huge fan of the Brokenback Shiraz 1998 and also 2000. Does anyone know where I can buy it in the UK? It's almost impossible to source

Unknown said...

I'm also a huge fan of this wine and would like to get it. UK is fine for me