Wednesday 23 April 2008

Fox Creek Red Baron Shiraz (Mclarenvale) 2006


Bit of a nice surprise... I bought this at Dan Murphy's last week as part of an exploratory half dozen. Stuff that I had heard of but never tried (under $15).
Turns out that this is actually pretty damn good. Quite sweet on the palate, fruity and a very vanilla oak feel. But smooth and there is a depth that is very alluring.
I must admit that for the price I am very pleased. This is a well constructed shiraz from my favourite region (McLarenvale) - Lolly on the nose, but red berries on the palate with a nice dose of oak to balance it out.
This is going straight to m favourites under $15 and I'm definitely going to buy more very soon.
Drinkabaility 92
Value 95
Price $14 (Dan Murphys)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoying your posts...would be interested in hearing a "review" of Peter Lehmann "Mentor".

The Red Pool said...

It's on my list :)

Anonymous said...

Good ;-)

AB

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with your review. I'm an Aussie living in wine hell.. Sweden.