Sunday 6 January 2008

Gotham Langhorne Ck/ Mclarenvale Shiraz 2004

Ok, I think I may have already mentioned that I bought this for the label, but I have bought a few dozen of it quite cheaply at auction online and as a sub $10 wine it's quite distinctive. It definitely has a flavour of it's own.
I have learnt that to really enjoy this wine it needs to be left overnight once opened, it seems to take on a life of it's own and really develops some quite striking honey characteristics after a day or two in the bottle. Something I like for it's uniqueness.
It's still a little punchy (not sure if that's the word, but that seems right) and although it can be smooth, it's not and easy drinker. Still, that's what you get and I think you either like that, or don't.
I have had a few really high quality wines lately and they have put this Gotham back a little. It's not bad, but there are better for just a little more.
You really do have to love the label though :)
Drinkability 88
Value 88
Price $8 (Grays Online)

No comments: