Tuesday 8 January 2008

Classic McLaren LaTesta Shiraz/Grenache/Cabernet Blend 2000


Opened this bottle of Classic Mclaren La Testa Blend tonight just to see what I thought of it, as I heard that Get Wines Direct have the 2003 vintage for $9.95 a bottle!!
I was not disappointed and even though this one cost $17.95 it's well worth it. Maybe not the $55 advertised RRP, but I can recommend this as a good cheapie.
(which is always a good thing)
It has a nice fruity and smoky nose and very smooth palate with fine tannins that finishes long and with a distinct liquorice aftertaste. Very nice indeed.
Not my usual vanilla thing, but variety is the spice of life.
I just got online and ordered another 8 of the 2003 that is coming out, so that will hopefully be as nice.
Drinkability 90/91
Value 93
Price $17.95 (Get Wines Direct)

No comments: