Wednesday 9 January 2008

Black Wattle Shiraz 2005 (Coonawarra/Padthaway)


Tonight I really felt like this wine, having had a few bottles now I knew what to expect. To my surprise though, this wine was even better than I had remembered.
Smoky Rasberry is the main gist of this, it might sound a little simplistic, but this is an awesome wine. Solid and very memorable.
As I have said before, this won the Cellarmasters Wine of the Year and that is no small accomplishment really as Cellarmasters is one of the biggest retailers in Australia...
I wont go on, my other reviews tell the story, but I wish I had bought more of these when the chance was there.
Drinkability 92
Value 95
Price $13 Cellarmasters (on special)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

My father and I opened a bottle of this just the other night, and we couldn't have enjoyed it more! I took 6 different bottles home to enjoy, this stood out like a beacon, and dad rang me to ask if I had any more in my cellar...luckily I have another 6 bottles to save for those special occasions - superb flavour and really wish I'd cellared more!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hiya people, I just registered on this excellent online community and wished to say what's up! Have a good day!

Anonymous said...

try it three years later!
Wow!! I impressed my wine buff friend recently by taking one for dinner & he served it to all his wine buff guests. I still have a case left-to impress.

Anonymous said...

Yes me too! I have tried it on three different win buffs so far and they all were most impressed. it is such good fun being able to take a very good bottle to offer. and I still hav ea case left too!!
How long do you think it wll go on maturing?