Sunday 30 December 2007

Wirra Wirra 'The Church Block' Cab Sav Shiraz Merlot 2005 (McLarenvale)


A moderately priced wine that packs a big punch.
I quite like this at a sub $20 wine, it's intense but smooth and well worth a try.
I let this breathe for about 2 hours in the bottle, before I was tempted to try it. When I did it was a good drop. Not particularly astonishing, but much better than most of the sub $15 wines.
A slight vanilla flavouring along with medium tannins and a good complex structure. This is a good wine and could probably sit in the cellar for a year or two more.
I will definitely be looking for this again, as Wirra Wirra comes highly recommended especially at the Premium level.
Fitting that I should drink the Church Block on a Sunday.
:)
Drinkability 91
Value 92
Price $17 (Dan Murphys Chermside)

No comments: