Wednesday 21 November 2007

Gotham Langhorne Ck/ Mclarenvale Shiraz 2004



Ok. Now I have to admit that we bought this bottle for the label. I mean... how cool is that? :)

But we had tried the 2006 Gotham and really, it wasn't bad for a sub $10 wine.

This however, I bought for about $13 a bottle at auction with Grays Online. I did pay a little more than I thought, but only because I stupidly didn't notice it was only 6 bottles, not 12. Doh.

However, this wine blows the 2006 away (not just in the label either)(though Jean says she like the 2006 label too...) it's a richer, full bodied Shiraz and packs a punch at 15+% alcohol !!!

It has a fruity nose and very long lingering palate that belies it's price. It gets decent reviews and I can see why. It's not the style I prefer personally, but really at sub $15 a bottle, it makes good drinking. I think it's probably best with steak or some wanky game meat... or a really strong cheese. I'm going to stalk Grays and try to get this even cheaper. It's worth it.

Drinkaility 88
Value 92
Price $13 (auction grays online)

No comments: