Thursday 22 November 2007

Gotham Langhorne Ck/ Mclarenvale Shiraz 2006


I just had to write this as it is a fairly profound observation... we left a bottle of the 2006 that had previously been opened to sit for a day or two while I drank the 2004 Gotham... well as a test I decided to try the 2006 that had been sitting there... well it drank beautifully. The honey on the nose and palate were sinply stunning and I really enjoyed the drop.


Something to say for the quality when it can sit in the bottle for a few days and then be as good as the 2004 which I raved about.
Anyway, this really was good and I got back online to Grays to order a few more.
In future I will just open a bottle and leave it a few days :)
Note to self, there was a lot of sediment in the glass. Not a bad thing, just an observation.
Drinkability 88
Value 97
Price $9.95 (Get Wines Direct)



No comments: