Sunday 18 November 2007

Abbey View Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 2006 (Margaret River)


This is an old favourite, but in recent times has been overshadowed by wines like the Dorrien Estate lines... this wines is made by Cellarmasters and I'm pretty sure that Neil Doddridge is at the helm.
It's a nice drop. A very VERY earthy nose and palate. This can be a little overwhelming, but to me it gives it character. Following on from the earth/oak is the berries. Quite intense and the thing that makes this wine rock. Quite a decent finish too.
The tannins are pronounced, but that is to be expected in a 2006 release.
This is one of Jean's Faves, though I don't know why??? It's far from what she's into. Anyway, I have drunk many a bottle of this wine and still have a few to go. Not my favourite, but if I can get it for under $15 then it's bloody good value.
Drinkability 89
Value 93
Price $13 (on special from Cellarmasters)

No comments: