Sunday 18 November 2007

Tim Adams 'The Fergus' 2005 (Clare Valley)


This was a present for my recent 40th and I have been saving it for a rainy day and some white wine style dining. Seafood.
This 2005 Fergus is made up of 63% Grenache, 18% Cab Franc, 10% Cab Sauv and 5% Merlot, 4% Malbec and that's a blend that I am fairly (very) new to. However, this is quite nice.
Not as perfumed as I would have imagined, but quite light on the nose and palate.
It's easy to drink that's for sure, but not offensive or sweet in any way.
I don't usually go for the lighter bodied wines, but this wine is certainly something I would look at again. It is not too light and does carry a full flavour, but without the headiness of a Shiraz etc...
I really can't pick any standout flavours, but that's not to say there isn't anything flavoursome about it. The reviews I just read all pick different things, so I'm sticking to my 'nothing stands out' opinion. (Like who can really pick 'Rose Petals' in a wine???)
Drinkability 91
Value 91
Price $25 (apparently, though this was a present)

No comments: