Saturday 27 October 2007

Dorrien Estate 'The Growers' Shiraz 2005 (Barossa)


I had been waiting for this to arrive for some time... I loved the 2004 and this vintage won Gold at the Sydney Wine Show this year. It arrived and I had planned the night well, Jean was away so I cooked myself Kangaroo Steaks with roasted asparagus, carrot and potato. Dinner was awesome and the wine wonderful.

Not particulary different from the 2004, medium body with the smoky vanilla that I like. The Dorrien is made by Neil Doddridge and it bears the signs of his work. It's slighty fruity but very easy to drink.

Unfortunately, too easy to drink and on such a small dinner I found myself well and truly toasted. (I will not describe the following events, but I swore I would never drink again) (I will explain next why... )
Drinkability 93
Value 97
Price $19.00 Cellarmasters (I got it a little cheaper for buying two cases)(I hope)

No comments: