Thursday 25 October 2007

Black Wattle Shiraz 2005 (Coonawarra/Padthaway)


Away from the cleanskins for a moment and onto a fairly decent drop from CellarMasters the wine club... This apparently won their 'Wine of the Year 07'

I didn't vote for it originally, but wasn't against it at all.


I got the case because I took part in the Wine of the Year pack thingy. Ended up being about $13 a bottle, so I couldn't refuse.


Ok, so have decided to crack one today and it took about an hour and a half in the bottle to show itself properly, but now it has I must say it's quite nice. A nice Chocolate tone with a hint of pepper. Quite Spicy too. (ok, I just read the proper tasting notes and they say 'lifted spices and integrated oak' - hope that makes more sense for you)

It feels a very smooth and medium to heavy bodied Shiraz. Made by my hero Neil Dodderidge too. :)
Drinkability 91
Value 95
Price $13 (on special) Cellarmasters

No comments: