Saturday 27 October 2007

Devil's Lair 'Fifth Leg' Red 2005 (Margaret River)


Hmm... I blame this wine for my disintegration last night.. so tempted I was to drink it that I had half a bottle on top of the Dorrien... the rest is history and as I wrote this, I can say that I got back on the horse (albeit gingerly)
I do like this wine, it's not a patch on the Dorrien, but at $13 a bottle it is very drinkable.
Very approachable, I get the feeling they made this for the mass market and good for them. Not everyone likes to sit waiting ten years for a wine to be at it's peak.
Some of us need these wines to make the wait worthwhile :)
I can't really describe what I tasted, my head only just allowed me to open the bottle and thankfully it liked what it had, so onward I ventured. No, this wine is pretty good.
Drinkability 89/90
Value 95
Price $13 Royal Bottleshop Toombul (on special)

No comments: