Sunday 28 October 2007

Classic McLaren LaTesta Shiraz/Grenache/Cabernet Blend 2000



A lot of expectations riding on this cleanskin version of La Testa's Blend. For a start, it's advertised as costing $55 a bottle normally... hmm.. I have seen it advertised for half that...

Anyway, the Red Bigot advised to buy this and he wasn't wrong. Price not being an issue, this wine is very nice. Not with a WOW factor, but a very nice drinking wine. On the nose it's almost perfumed, but not sickly. It does drink very smooth and quite sweet with a lot of oak and tons of fruit. I think the grenache is quite prominent here.

It's almost like a port, but not as strong, if that make sense??

I like this, but it's not an everyday wine. No real punch. It would go well with food too, but I have no idea what food.

:)

I'll know more after this weekend. My course and the Barrel tasting should help me make more sense of this.

(I just read that James Halliday gave this a 90, so did I.. spooky)


Drinkability 90
Value 91
Price $17.95 (Get wines direct)

No comments: