Sunday 21 October 2007

Cleanskin - Barossa 'Single Vineyard' Shiraz 2002


Holy shit!! This is possibly the best cleanskin I've had thus far!! On opening it smelt nice and after only a short decant it was ready.
Light on the nose with spicy vanilla, it was smooth and fine.
Definite vanilla with, and dare I say it... plum. There is something strong for sure and at the end.

After a couple of hours, poured back in the bottle as we had to go out, it drank even better and was quite fruity as well as keeping the mild vanilla tones ending with Liquorice*.
I must be getting better at this.. I checked the notes and I had almost gotten all the flavours. I will admit that liquorice wasn't mine, but it really does finish with something like that. Since these entries are mainly for my records, I don't mind borrowing some terminology until I can identify these things for myself. Hope that's ok? :)

Get Wines Direct try to tell me that this is originally $45 a bottle.. hmm... Maybe, who knows.. but at $14.95 it is definitely something I would be interested in getting again. Cleanskin or not, this is a very nice wine.

Drinkability 91
Value 95
Price $14.95 (Get Wines Direct)


*How the hell do they get Liquorice out of a grape?....

No comments: