Saturday 20 October 2007

Chalk Hill Shiraz 2003 (McLarenvale)


Got my order from Get Wines Direct today. (well half of it, the second case is held up in Australia Post for some reason)

Unfortunately, they sent the wrong order and I recieved 4 bottles of La Testa Grenache instead of the La Testa Blend... so I have to wait for that to be sorted. They were very nice about it, so it was hard to be miffed.The rest of the order came through though and I decided to start with the Chalk Hill Shiraz @ $9.95 a bottle (I got 6, just to be sure)
The reveiws I had read were glowing and at the price it would be a very good quaffer.
Quite a strong nose and a rich but smooth feel with berries and a little vanilla.
I drank this without food, but i think it would be good with Steak (what isn't?) Let it breathe for about an hour in the bottle and checked intermittently, was good at about an hour and to the end of the bottle. Which lasted til Jean came home :)
Will definitely keep an eye out for more...
Drinkability 89
Value 95
Price $9.95 (Get Wines Direct)

No comments: