Tuesday 2 February 2010

Cedar Creek Estate Revelation Red 2009 (Granite Belt)


This may seem like I have crossed over to the Light side... but I really enjoy this wine.
So do many others that visit the Cedar Creek Estate Cellar door. The Revelation Red is a huge seller in the cellar (no, it's not really meant to be funny)
So, yes, the wine... well it's definitely a summer wine. Cab Sav and Muscat. Very easy to drink and only 9.5% Alcohol.
Very sweet and jammy, but extremely smooth on the palate. It's almost a 'fun' wine. (I can't believe I said that)
Let's just say that it went perfectly with the Chicken Saag I cooked today. mmm...

Better than most of the summer wines I have tried (moscato etc) but since it's really only available at the cellar door, it's not comparable price wise.
Unfortunately.
However, if you do find yourself at Tamborine mountain, then grab a bottle or two and head down into the Glow Worm caves.
They are pretty amazing.

Now I don't have a picture to go with this review, since I can't get a decent shot on the iPhone but when i do, I'll whack it on here. Apologies to those that need to see a label. (Umm.. I have obviously remedied my laziness and a photo appears)

Another extremely drinkable QLD summer wine. We seem to do summer quite well up here.
Give it a try and let me know what you think. I would love to buy more but the $18 price tag is a little prohibitive.

I realise that my tastes have run to the sweet of late, but the weather dictates it.

Rating 88
Price $18 at the Cellar Door

No comments: