Thursday 7 January 2010

Ballandean Estate Wines White Pearl 2009 (Granite Belt)

First wine back for 2010 and it's appropriate that I look at a white. From QLD.
This was a gift from friends Adam and Ngara and very much appreciated.

As you may already know, I'm not a big fan of white wine, but this one I could drink til the cows come home.
It's definitely sweet, but in no way overly so. It's easy to drink, but not in a 'cordial' sort of way. It has a definite lychee flavour.
A little acidity is balanced by the generous fruit taste making for an excellent mouthfeel.

As this was a gift I'm not sure what it cost. Unfortunately, I have no idea if there is any distribution in place either. So if you find yourself in Stanthorpe... pop in and try some for yourself.

Again, I really... REALLY enjoyed this and I don't usually find many whites drinkable.
I'm keen to hear what anyone else thinks, so please, drop me a comment.

Rating: 9.0
Price: Not sure but I would think they have a website, so check that out.


No comments: