Tuesday 8 April 2008

Course - Wine Emporium (starter course part 2)

Part Two of the Wine Emporium Starter course and tonight was Reds.
Not a bad selection and we tried a good variety of wines from a Barossa Shiraz (John Duvall 'Entity' $50) which was ultimately my favourite, over a french Cabernet Merlot (Chateau Calon Segur 3rd Growth Saint Estephe Cabernet Merlot $110) (this needed a lot more time, either in the bottle or decanting. it was very classy indeed but the shiraz just pushed my buttons)

I didn't mind the straight Grenache or the Sangiovese. Both were not something I would buy, but could appreciate.

Again Travis led a great class and I really did learn a lot about the inner workings of wine and the industry. I thoroughly recommend this to anyone that either wants exposure to some quite decent wines or just wants to learn more about this creature we call wine.

Cheers Wine Emporium

No comments: