Thursday 21 February 2008

Bannockburn 'The Estate' Pinot Noir Geelong 2004


It's been a while since I updated this, but the middle of summer in Brisbane does not make for good Red Drinking... However, that hasn't stopped me and just for something different I bought a Pinot Noir today from Dan Murphys.. on a whim.
It was $29, but the sales person assured me that he drinks it and that as a 2004, it would show some of the age signs that make Pinot so attractive.
So here I am.
To be honest, I didn't mind it. Smoky sweet and fruity all in one, it really is a taste all of it's own. (Pinot that is) This is the low end of the Bannockburn range for Pinot but it was certainly not a cheapie.
My palate is not geared to this variety yet, so these notes are mainly for me. Good nose and mouthfeel, and smooth on the palate. Quite a nice drop and I hope to get into more Pinot soon.
Drinkability: 90
Value: 88
Price : $29.00 (Dan Murphys)
ps. this label is not right as it is 'The Estate' that I had tonight.

No comments: