Sunday 4 November 2007

Introduction to Wine with Wine and Food Matching by Paula Tewksbury



Did my first course yesterday with Paula Tewksbury (see here)

It went from Midday to 9pm and included a nice meal and a lot of wines. As it was my first course, I had no preconcieved ideas and was hoping to soak up as muc rudimentary knowledge as possible. I did learn a lot of things and did try a few styles of white (i still can't see myself liking it much, but gave it a go anyway)

The food matching part wasn't bad, but not really comprehensive. Still, I did learn some stuff that I did not know. And the food was good.

Nobody on the course liked any of the reds that were used. That made it a little difficult to enjoy. A little disconcerting in a way too, as they were supposed to be good wines. Meh. I may just be a little single minded when it comes to my own taste.

There were 18 people on the course from a variety of backgrounds. Paula herself seemed quite comfortable in the role of teacher and the course seemed to flow nicely without lagging.

I will endeavour to further my study in different areas, but I can't see myself looking for work in the industry. I would just like to know a lot more when I talk to fellow wine wankers. :)

Cheers Ian

No comments: