Tuesday 13 May 2008

Brokenwood Red Dirt Regional Blend 2003

Something I bought on a whim from Grays Online at about $6 a bottle.
Best whim I have had in a long time of having whims... I took a punt on the blend of Shiraz, Grenache and Pinot Noir being OK and it really comes up well.

Smooth on the finish with a good amount of oak vs. fruit. (Quite a nice chocolatey/Vanilla feel, which as you may know... I love!!)
You can taste the Pinot, but it's really a good full blend of all three varieties that make this a unique drop. Tart but not acidic.

I'm really impressed with this and glad I bought the full dozen when I had the chance. Am happy to hear from anyone else that has tried it to get their impressions...

Drinkability 90
Value 95
Price $6 per bottle plus postage (Grays Online)

No comments: