Friday 9 November 2007

Riddoch Cabernet Sauvignon 2004 (Coonawarra)


One of my past favourites.. the Riddoch Estate Cab Sav 2004. Now this was once something that I held in high regard, but had let me down in recent times.
Tonight I figured I would give it another chance....
...and tonight it was quite nice. let breathe for an hour or so in the bottle, it had a nose of dusty vanilla, something I don't mind. A very cherry palate and a medium term finish made this a quite acceptable wine.
The bottle shown is not what I had, but the Cellarmasters version is apparently 'more approachable' according to the good people at Katnook Estate. Either way, it was enjoyable and that's what it's all about...
Drinkability 90
Value 90
Price $22 retail. but I think I paid about half that through Cellarmasters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.